For the homeowner that has served and protected our country.
VA Loans, created by the U.S Department of Veteran’s Affairs in 1944, help veterans establish credit and build a strong financial future once they have completed their active duty.
Despite the credit and finance help, there was also a need for assistance with homeownership. Instead of providing veterans with a bonus to help with purchasing a home, the government decided to give them a loan with a more powerful long-term solution.
Now decades later, the VA loan has continued to level the playing field for veterans and their families allowing them to qualify for simple loan terms, low rates, and no down payment.
- Served as little as 90 day’s active duty
- Match the suitable credit, income, and employment requirement
- Meet VA Reserve/National Guard specifications with 6 years of service or 90 days of active duty (or the widow of a service member or person with a service-related disability)
Benefits of a VA Loan:
- No down payment is required if the purchase price is less than $417,000
- Flexible underwriting guidelines
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI).
- There is no pre-payment penalty, so borrowers can pay off their loan at any time
- Cost-cutting benefits will lower your payment at closing
To qualify, borrowers must present their COE (certificate of eligibility) to their lender. Reach out to a Race Day mortgage pro today for more info.